Internationalising the Green New Deal: Strategies for Pan-European Coordination
This report from David Adler and Pawel Wargan argues that a Green New Deal can form the basis of a new relationship between Europe and the UK. Through multi-level institutional coordination, an internationally-minded Green New Deal can address deep-set regional issues, support the development of green technology, and work towards decolonial action.
The report offers a series of recommendations for Green New Deal policy, including:
- Increased coordination between the UK and European central banks
- The establishment of Green Common Bonds
- The development of a Green Energy Union between the UK and Europe
- A “Green Horizon 2050” public research and development program for green innovation
- An Environmental Solidarity Network to create durable structures for cooperation between regions, cities and communities
This release is included in a series on Green Internationalism, as part of Common Wealth's Green New Deal project.